Sunday, March 21, 2010

Christmas 2009

It's Christmas!
I love Christmas morning. It is so fun to see the excitement the kids are feeling. It is magical to them and I know this only lasts a short time.
Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk, then he filled the stockings and left Camden and Carissa razor scooters they have been wanting. He left a princess tea set for Addison. They were very happy!Santa gave the girls' their own brushes....can you see how excited Addison is about this!
My favorite part of Christmas morning when I was a kid was my stocking. I can remember dumping it out and spending a long time sorting through the candy, peanuts, toys and of course, the apple and orange. It brings back those memories when I see the kids doing the same thing....only Santa didn't leave peanuts or fruit this year. He must have forgotten them!

This year, we let each of the kids pick out a present for each other. They had a $10 limit and were able to pick all by themselves. We took them to the store and they had fun getting to pick for each other. Christmas morning, they exchanged gifts. Carissa got Camden two Bakagans and, as you can see in the picture, he loved it. Besides his Nintendo DS, that was his favorite gift.

The girls got some dress-up clothes to add to their collection.

Mike had to work on Christmas. He wasn't able to get the day off but he was able to trade with someone and work in our area for the day. This worked out well. He was able to be at home with us for the entire morning! He didn't get to go to Christmas dinner at his or my family, but at least he was with us for the morning. We had an exellent Christmas this year. The kids are at such a fun age right now so I am trying to enjoy this while it lasts!