Natalie Rebecca Arrives!
Her due date was February 10, 2010. She was born 4 weeks early but is doing very well.
It was Sunday and after church, the kids and I hopped in the car and headed to grandma's house for dinner. As soon as I got on the freeway, I had a contraction. I noted the time but since I had been having contractions for months, I thought nothing of it. 5 minutes later, another came....5 minutes later, another one again. Now I was getting a little worried. I started paying closer attention. I got to my mom's and didn't say anything. I just kept timing my contractions. After I was pretty sure I was in labor, I told them what was going on. Mike was at home resting before he had to go to work, so my mom took me down to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitor and said that I was in labor and they were going to admit me. I called Mike and he headed over to the hospital.
Now, I have never had an epidural with my other labors so this time I was determined to get one. And at about 8:30 that evening, I got one. It was strange not being able to feel my legs but it was so nice not feeling my contractions! And then we waited....and waited....and waited. My other labors were pretty short so all the waiting (while being starving!) was really hard. Finally, my doctor came in just after 10 o'clock that next morning and broke my water. Natalie was born an hour later. Let's just say, I was really glad that I had that epidural because she came out looking up instead of down, which makes delivery WAY harder!
I stayed in the hospital for two nights, well three if you count the night of labor! I was exhausted! Mike took this picture of me sleeping with my new baby girl. I am in love! She is a sweet heart. I am so blessed.